Allflex origin goes back to 1955 in Palmerston North, New Zealand. John Burford started a company originally known by the name of Delta Plastics. Brian Murphy, a dynamic dairy farmer, was looking for a reliable and easily readable product to identify his animals throughout life. From the encounter of these two innovative men, the idea of a flexible plastic ear tag emerged, that would soon become the most efficient means of identifying livestock.
Allflex rapidly expanded through the world. A new plant was built in Palmerston North while an extended network of distributors grew and developed markets in Australia and the United States in 1974 and Europe in 1978. In just a few years, Allflex became the worldwide leader of animal identification. Allflex now has operations located in North and South America, Europe, China, Australia and New Zealand.
In 1992 Allflex successfully launched electronic tags that were soon recognised as the most efficient tool for advanced herd management technology. Allflex continues investing in new developments related with animal identification and monitoring.